Synergetic Play Therapy launches you on a personal journey towards discovering what showing up in the playroom truly means. Certification takes this journey one step further. Authenticity, congruency, attunement, camaraderie – this program helps therapists look even deeper while cultivating community and a connection to clients (and each other!). Embark on a revolutionary experience filled with magical, memorable moments! Learn to love YOU and support your child cilents as they learn the same. Gain confidence, hone skills, and transform your practice and yourself.
Please note: in order to participate in this program, you must have access to working with children.
Synergetic Play Therapy Pre-Requisites (must complete one of the following and their corresponding prerequisites):
- Attendance at Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy™ Intensive Training with post supervision
- Internship or Externship focused on Synergetic Play Therapy
- Attendance at six-month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Class with post supervision
Synergetic Play Therapy Certification Objectives:
- Understand how SPT supports the child in changing his perceptions of the perceived challenging events and thoughts in his life
- Understand how attunement between therapist and child is essential in order to heal disorganization in the lower brain stem and re-pattern their nervous system in the play therapy process
- Understand how a play therapist can model self-regulation to the child during a play therapy session
- Understand how the play therapist’s ability to use mindfulness to be congruent and authentic in her language and non-verbal signals allows the child to feel safe in the relationship and engage in “mindsight” during the play therapy session
- Be able to identify the different states of dys-regulation and their corresponding symptoms as they arise in the playroom
- Understand how toys are used to help facilitate the relationship between the therapist and the child during a play therapy session
- Understand how to support the child in getting in touch with her authentic self during the play therapy process
- Understand how the synergy between the therapist’s authenticity, attunement, congruence, and nervous system regulation supports the child in learning how to attach to self, the cornerstone of all healing
- Understand how the child projects his inner world onto the toys and therapist setting them up to experience his perception of what it feels like to be him during a play therapy session
If you are interested in participating in this one-of-a-kind training program, we will accept applications starting on *Feb. 1st.
To apply, please submit a one-page letter explaining the following:
1. Why would you like to become Certified in SPT?
2. How long have you been using SPT and what SPT classes have you taken?
3. What have you discovered is a strength of yours using this therapy modality and what have you discovered is your growth edge?
4. In what capacity will you have access to children during the certification program?
5. When did you last complete the Level 1 Synergetic Play Therapy Skills evaluation?
6. Anything else you would love for us to know.
(Make sure to put your name and contact information on your application)
Email all application letters to email@example.com and put “SPT CERT APPLICATION- Intro” in the memo line.
Please scroll down for class details.