The Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy launches you on a personal journey towards discovering what showing up in the playroom truly means. It explores what is happening in the play therapy process, how change occurs, and ultimately what it takes to help children heal at profound levels. It invites you to be you!
Curious what this class is truly about? Get all the details here
To learn what others have to say, check out our testimonials.
Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Prerequisite Training:
- Participants should have completed or be enrolled in a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) program in counseling, social work, or education.
- Previous experience working with children and families is required.
- A basic understanding of play therapy and play therapy skills is required.
Objectives by class:
Class 1 – Welcome to SPT:
- Understand how Synergetic Play Therapy was inspired, the basics, the tenets, the history, and the main play therapy influences
- Understand how children use the projective process in play therapy to set the toys and the therapist up to feel how they feel
- Begin to understand the significance of why authenticity is so important in the playroom
Class 2 – It’s Nervous System Time!:
- Understand the link between nervous system states and the symptoms that show up in the playroom
- Understand the importance of regulation in the playroom
- Understand how the therapist can begin to model regulation to the child so that the child can begin to learn how to regulate
Class 3 – Integrating the Data:
- Understand what regulation is and isn’t according to Synergetic Play Therapy
- Understand what it means to “overcome a challenge” in the play therapy process
- Understand what it means to become the external regulator in a session to help a child integrate their challenges
Class 4 – Parents, Parents, Parents:
- Understand that parents are going through a grief process when they bring their children to play therapy
- Understand how to have a successful play therapy intake
- Understand the importance of setting goals and speaking in terms of what is important to the parent
Class 5 – Attachment & the Self Object:
- Understand Synergetic Play Therapy’s definition and perspective on attachment
- Understand how to use the self-object as a way to support the client attaching to self
- Understand the link between a child’s attachment styles and their nervous system states
Class 6 – Aggression, Sand & Art:
- Understand how to use regulation as a way to help integrate aggressive energy in the playroom
- Understand how to facilitate the use of sand from a Synergetic Play Therapy perspective in the playroom
- Understand how to facilitate the use of art from a Synergetic Play Therapy perspective in the playroom
For class details, please see below.