“A better understanding of how a child’s play represents their emotional development and what progress will look like for that child.” – Class Participant
Join us as we go back in time and revisit the early developmental stages of human development and how it impacts the play therapy process. During this six-hour workshop you will learn to recognize each stage within your child client and yourself, so that you can begin to assess a child’s emotional age versus their chronological age. Knowing this information is a crucial part of understanding what type of intervention to make and how to conceptualize what is happening for the child. Participants will also gain a better understanding on how to track a child’s progress and how to identify empowerment in the play therapy process, so that they can feel more confident communicating this information to the child’s parents and teachers. Case studies, videos and experiential exercises will be used to integrate this information into the play therapy process. Play Therapy Institute of Colorado – Home of Synergetic Play Therapy Founder Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S, will be teaching this course.
Growing Up in Play Therapy Course Objectives:
- Begin to understand how to chart clients using “The Curve” in Synergetic Play Therapy.
- Understand the development of play in a child and how to use this information as a clue in sessions to determine their emotional age.
- Understand the different stages of development that a child goes through and how these stages show up in the Playroom.
- Learn 3 different ways of accessing a child’s emotional age.
- Understand the importance of working with a child at their emotional age versus their chronological age in play therapy.
- Understand the stages of therapy based on “The Curve” in Synergetic Play Therapy.
Please scroll down for class details.